FemtoLux 3 is a modern industrial femtosecond laser with 3 W average output power and up to 3 µJ pulse energy at 1030 nm. Like FemtoLux 3, the newly developed FemtoLux green with a wavelength of 515 nm is designed for applications requiring excellent beam quality.
- Output power 3 W at 1030 nm or 1.5 W at 515 nm
- 300 fs … 5 ps tunable pulse duration
- Up to 3 μJ/pulse and 10 μJ/burst (at 1030 nm)
- Up to 1.5 µJ/pulse and 5 µJ/burst (at 515 nm)
- Excellent beam quality M² < 1.2
- Individual pulse control
- Burst shape control
- Passive cooling (convective) of laser head
- 24/7 operation
- Marking and structuring
- Volume modification of transparent materials
- Micromachining of brittle materials
- Ophthalmologic surgery
- Biological Imaging
- Pumping femtosecond OPO/OPA
- Multiphoton microscopy
In some important applications like multiphoton polymerization, writing of fiber Bragg gratings, volume modification of transparent materials, nonlinear microscopy, silicon and sapphire scribing, marking of some kind of materials, different wavelength than fundamental output is needed. Important point is that requirements for sufficient pulse energy as well as beam quality remains. Having in mind such needs, FemtoLux green , femtosecond fiber laser, was developed. Unlike other commercially used fiber lasers, FemtoLux provides perfectly linearly polarized light with polarization extinction ratio >1000 : 1. This allows generation of second harmonic with great efficiency better than 50% and excellent spatial beam and temporal pulse parameters.
Fiber based front-end allows multiple pulse train control functions like: wide range of operating pulse repetition rates, individual pulse gating up to 10 MHz, burst mode with active burst envelope shaping, real time pulse amplitude control. Pulse duration can also be tuned from 300 fs up to 5 ps. Providing more than 1.5 W average power, it’s reasonably high wall plug efficiency as well as smart heat management makes laser head passively cooled with only ~60 W of heat dissipations, when operating at full power.
|Pulse energy 2)||3 µJ||1.5 µJ|
|Output power 2)||3 W||1.5 W|
|Wavelength||1030 nm||515 nm|
|Pulse duration||300 fs - 5 ps|
|Repetition rate 3)||single shot - 5 MHz|
|Beam quality (M2)||< 1.2|
|Output power stablity (long term, StdDev) 4)||< 0.5 %|
|Pulse energy stability (StdDev) 5)
||< 2 %|
|Burst mode 6)||1 - 10 pulses|
|Max burst energy||10 µJ||5 µJ|
1) Due to continuous improvement, all specifications are subject to change without notice.
2) See typical power and energy curves for other pulse repetition rates.
3) When pulse picker is set to transmit every pulse.
4) At 1 MHz PRRL during 24 h of operation after warm-up under constant environmental conditions.
5) At 1 MHz PRRL under constant environmental conditions.
6) Time interval between the pulses is about 20 ns.