The high energy laser NL940 delivers up to 10 J pulse energy at a repetition rate of 10 Hz and pulse durations of 3 - 10 ns. During ampilification beam shaping is used in order to get temporal top hat beam profile. The laser can be used for OPCPA and Ti:Sapphire pumping as well es for laser peening and plasma physics.
- Up to 10 J output energy
- 10 Hz repetition rate
- 3 – 10 ns pulse duration
- 1064 or 532 nm output wavelength
- Spatial flat top beam profile
- Fibre front end output amplified in diode pumped regenerative amplifier
- OPCPA pumping
- Front end for power amplifiers
- Ti: Sapphire pumping
- Laser peening – material hardening by laser-induced shock wave
- Plasma and shock physics
Main laser feature is output of temporary shaped pulses based on electrooptical modulator driven by programmable arbitrary waveform generator (AWG). Pulse shaping resolution is 125 ps, while maximum pulse length is 10 ns. Start of the system is single mode CW laser. Then light is amplified in fiber amplifier, later AWG driven modulator transmits only required temporal shape and duration pulse which is amplified in diode pumped regenerative amplifier in order to reach energy sufficient to amplify in single-pass flash-lamp pumped amplifiers.
Power amplifier is a chain of single-pass amplifiers where pulse is amplified up to required energy. During amplification spatial beam shaping is used in order to get flat top shape at the output. Optional second/third harmonic generators are based on angle tuned nonlinear crystals placed in temperature stabilized heaters.
|at 1064 nm||1.6 J||10 J|
|at 532 nm||1 J||6 J|
|Pulse duration||3 – 10 ns|
|Repetition rate||10 Hz|
|Beam profile||Top-Hat (at laser output), without diffraction rings|
|Linewidth||< 1 cm-1|
|Pulse energy stability (StdDev)|
|at 1064 nm||0.5 %|
|at 532 nm||1.0 %|
1) Due to continuous improvement, all specifications subject to change without notice. Parameters marked typical may vary with each unit we manufacture.Unless stated otherwise, all specifications are measured at 1064 nm and for basic system without options.