The diode-pumped nanosecond Q-switched lasers of the NL230 series produce up to 150 mJ at 100 Hz or up to 190 mJ at 50 Hz pulse repetition rate. Diode pumping allows maintenance-free laser operation for an extended period of time (more than 3 years for an estimated eight working hours per day). The typical pump diode lifetime is more than 1 billion shots.
- Rugged sealed laser cavity
- Up to 190 mJ at 1064 nm pulse energy
- Up to 100 Hz pulse repetition rate
- Short pulse duration in the 3 – 7 ns range
- Variable reflectivity output coupler for low-divergence beam
- Quiet operation: no more flashlamp firing sound
- Air cooled
- Remote control via keypad and/or PC via USB (RS232 optional) port with supplied LabVIEW™ drivers
- Optional temperature-stabilized second and third harmonic generators
- OPO, Ti:Sapphire and dye laser pumping
- Mass Spectroscopy
- Remote Sensing
- LIDAR (Light Detection And Ranging)
- LIF (Light Induced Fluorescence)
- LIBS (Light Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy)
- ESPI (Electronic Speckle Pattern Interferometry)
The NL230 series diode-pumped Q-switched lasers produce up to 150 mJ at 100 Hz or up to 190 mJ at 50 Hz pulse repetition rate. Diode pumping allows maintenance-free laser operation for an extended period of time (more than 3 years for an estimated eight working hours per day). The typical pump diode lifetime is more than 1 billion shots.
Lasers are designed to produce high-intensity, high-brightness pulses and are targeted for applications such as material ablation, remote sensing, OPO, Ti:Sapphire or dye laser pumping. Due to an electro‑optical Q-switch, the master oscillator generates short duration pulses in the 3 – 7 ns range. The oscillator cavity optical design features a variable‑reflectivity output coupler, giving a low-divergence laser beam.
A closed-loop chiller is used for laser cooling, eliminating the need for external cooling water and reducing running costs.
Angle-tuned non-linear crystals mounted in temperature stabilized heaters are used for optional second or third harmonic generation. The harmonic separation system is designed to ensure radiation with a high spectral purity and to direct it to the separate output ports.
For customer convenience the laser can be controlled via a remote control pad or a USB interface. The remote pad allows easy control of all parameters and features a backlit display that is easy to read even through laser safety eyewear. Alternatively, the laser can be controlled from a personal computer via supplied Windows™ compatible software. LabVIEW™ drivers are also included with each laser installation package.
|Pulse energy 2)|
|at 1064 nm||190 mJ||150 mJ|
|at 532 nm 3)||90 mJ||70 mJ|
|at 355 nm 4)||55 mJ||40 mJ|
|Pulse duration 5)||3 - 7 ns|
|Repetition rate||50 Hz||100 Hz|
|Beam profile||Top Hat in near field, close to Gaussian in far field|
|Linewidth||< 1 cm-1 at 1064 nm|
|Pulse energy stability (StdDev) 6)|
|at 1064 nm||< 1.0 %|
|at 532 nm||< 2.5 %|
|at 355 nm||< 3.5 %|
1) Due to continuous improvement, all specifications are subject to change. Parameters marked typical are illustrative; they are indications of typical performance and will vary with each unit we manufacture. Unless stated otherwise all specifications are measured at 1064 nm and for basic system without options.
2) Outputs are not simultaneous. Inquire for fourth 266 nm and fifth 213 nm harmonic specifications.
3) With H200SH and H200S or H200SHC harmonics generator module. See harmonics generator selection guide for more detailed information.
4) With H200STH and H200ST harmonics or H200SH and H200THC generator modules. See harmonics generator selection guide for more detailed information.
6) Averaged from pulses, emitted during 30 sec time interval.