The air-cooled "all solid-state" DPSS Nd:YAG lasers of the PL2210 series are turn-key systems with high stability and excellent beam quality which offer up to 5 mJ pulse energy and up to 1 kHz repetition rate. In combination with very low jitter values, the PL2210 lasers are ideal for time-resolved and pump-probe spectroscopy but also for OPO/OPA pumping and material processing applications.
- High pulse energy at kHz rates
- Diode pumped solid state design
- Air cooled – external water supply is not required
- Turn-key operation
- Low maintenance costs
- Optional streak camera triggering pulse with < 10 ps rms jitter
- Remote control pad
- PC control via USB with supplied LabVIEW™ drivers
- Optional temperature stabilized second, third and fourth harmonic generators
- Time resolved fluorescence, pump-probe spectroscopy
- OPG/OPA/OPO pumping
- Remote Laser Sensing
- Other spectroscopic and nonlinear optics applications
PL2210 series diode-pumped, air-cooled, mode-locked Nd:YAG lasers provide picosecond pulses at a kilohertz pulse repetition rate. Short pulse duration, excellent pulse-to-pulse stability, superior beam quality makes PL2210 series diode pumped picosecond lasers well suited for many applications, including material processing, time-resolved spectroscopy, optical parametric generator pumping, and other tasks.
PL2210 series lasers offer a number of optional items that extend the capabilities of the laser. A pulse picker option allows control of
the pulse repetition rate of the laser and operation in single-shot mode. The repetition rate and timing of pulses can be locked to an external RF source (with –PLL option) or other ultrafast laser system (with –FS option). The laser provides a triggering pulse for synchronization of the customer‘s equipment. A low jitter SYNC OUT pulse has a lead up to 500 ns that can be adjusted in ~0.25 ns steps from a PC.
Up to 400 μs lead of triggering pulse is available as a PRETRIG standard feature that is designed to provide precise, very low jitter trigger pulses for a streak camera.
Built-in harmonic generators
Automated angle-tuned non-linear crystals mounted in temperature stabilized heaters are used for second, third and fourth high spectral purity harmonic generation.
Simple and convenient laser control
The laser can be operated from personal computer through USB (RS-232 is optional) interface using supplied LabVIEW™ drivers or from remote control pad with backlit display that is easy to read even while wearing laser safety glasses.
|PL2210A-1k||Up to 900 μJ, 28 ps pulses at an up to 1 kHz repetition rate|
|PL2211||Up to 2.5 mJ energy at a 1 kHz repetition rate at 28 ps pulses|
|PL2211A||Up to 5 mJ energy at a 1 kHz repetition rate at 28 ps pulses|
Custom products, tailored for specific applications 1)
|PL2210A-2k||Up to 400 μJ, 28 ps pulses at an up to 2 kHz repetition rate|
|PL2210B||Up to 2.5 mJ energy at a 1 kHz repetition rate at 80 ps pulses|
|PL2210B-TR||Model, in addition to a 1 kHz pulse train, has an output of 88 MHz pulse train with 5 W average power that can be used for pumping synchronously pumped OPOs|
1) Inquire for other specifications. Custom-built models with higher pulse energy are available on request.
|at 1064 nm||0.9 mJ||2.5 mJ||5 mJ|
|at 532 nm 2)||0.45 mJ||1.3 mJ||2.5 mJ|
|at 355 nm 3)||0.35 mJ||0.8 mJ||1.6 mJ|
|at 266 nm 4)||0.16 mJ||0.5 mJ||1 mJ|
|Pulse duration (FWHM) 5)||< 31 ps|
|Repetition rate||1000 Hz|
|Beam profile 6)||close to Gaussian|
|Pulse energy stability (Std.Dev.) 7)|
|at 1064 nm||< 0.5 %|
|at 532 nm||< 0.8 %|
|at 355 nm||< 1.0 %|
|at 266 nm||< 2.0 %|
1) Due to continuous improvement, all specifications are subject to change without notice. Parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and will vary with each unit we manufacture. Unless stated otherwise, all specifications are measured at 1064 nm and for basic system without options.
2) For PL2210 series laser with –SH, -SH/TH, -SH/FH or -SH/TH/FH option. Outputs are not simultaneous.
3) For PL2210 series laser with –TH, -SH/TH or -SH/TH/FH option. Outputs are not simultaneous.
4) For PL2210 series laser with -SH/FH or -SH/TH/FH option. Outputs are not simultaneous.
5) Optional 80 or 22 ps ± 10% duration. Pulse energy specifications may differ from indicated here.
6) Near field Gaussian fit is >90%.
7) Averaged from pulses, emitted during 30 sec time interval.
Standard Feature PETRIG
Provides low jitter pulse for streak camera triggering with lead/delay in -400…600 μs range and <10 ps rms jitter.
Provides 80 ps ± 10 % output pulse duration. Inquire for pulse energy specifications.
Provides 22 ps ± 10 % output pulse duration. Inquire for pulse energy specifications.
Allows reduction of the pulse repetition rate of the PL2210 series laser by integer numbers. Single shot mode is also possible. In addition, the –PC option reduces the low-intensity quasi-CW background that is present at laser output at 1064 nm wavelength. Please note that the output of fundamental wavelength and harmonics will be reduced by approx. 20% with installation of the –PC option.