The PL2250 models of this picosecond laser series contain a diode-pumped master oscillator plus a diode-pumped regenerative amplifier in combination with a cost-effective flash-lamp pumped power amplifier. This combination provides excellent pulse stability and high beam quality.
- Hermetically sealed DPSS master oscillator
- Diode pumped regenerative amplifier
- Flashlamp pumped power amplifier producing up to 100 mJ per pulse at 1064 nm
- 30 ps pulse duration (20 ps optional)
- Excellent pulse duration stability
- Up to 20 Hz repetition rate
- Streak camera triggering pulse with <10 ps jitter
- Excellent beam pointing stability
- Thermo-stabilized second, third, fourth and fifth harmonic generator options
- PC control via USB and LabVIEW™ drivers
- Remote control via keypad
- Time resolved spectroscopy
- SFG/SHG spectroscopy
- Nonlinear spectroscopy
- OPG pumping
- Remote laser sensing
- Satellite ranging
- Other spectroscopic and nonlinear optics experiments
PL2250 series lasers cost-effective design improves laser reliability and reduces running and maintenance costs.
The heart of the system is a diode pumped solid state (DPSS) master oscillator placed in a hermetically sealed monolithic block. The flashlamp pumped regenerative amplifier is replaced by an innovative diode pumped regenerative amplifier. Diode pumping results in negligible thermal lensing, which allows operation of the regenerative amplifier at variable repetition rates, as well as improved long-term stability and maintenance-free operation.
The optimized multiple-pass power amplifier is flashlamp pumped and is optimized for efficient amplification of pulse while maintaining a near Gaussian beam profile and low wavefront distortion. The output pulse energy can be adjusted in approximately 1% steps, at the same time as pulse-to-pulse energy stability remains less than 0.8% rms at 1064 nm. Angle‑tuned KD*P and KDP crystals mounted in thermostabilised ovens are used for second, third and fourth harmonic generation. Harmonic separators ensure the high spectral purity of each harmonic directed to different output ports.
Built-in energy monitors continuously monitor output pulse energy. Data from the energy monitor can be seen on the remote keypad or PC monitor. The laser provides several triggering pulses for synchronization of the customer‘s equipment. The lead or delay of the triggering pulse can be adjusted in 0.25 ns steps from the control pad or PC. Up to 1000 μs lead of triggering pulse is available as a pretrigger feature.
Precise pulse energy control, excellent short-term and long-term stability, and up to 20 Hz repetition rate makes PL2250 series lasers an excellent choice for many demanding scientific applications.
Simple and convenient laser control
For customer convenience the laser can be operated from personal computer throught USB (RS-232 is optional) interface using supplied LabVIEW™ drivers or from remote control pad with backlit display that is easy to read even while wearing laser safety glasses.
|at 1064 nm||50 mJ 2)||80 mJ 2)||100 mJ|
|at 532 nm 3)||25 mJ||40 mJ||50 mJ|
|at 355 nm 4)||15 mJ||24 mJ||30 mJ|
|at 266 nm 5)||7 mJ||10 mJ||12 mJ|
|at 213 nm 6)||please inquire|
|Pulse duration (FWHM) 7)||< 31 ps|
|Repetition rate||10 or 20 Hz||10 or 20 Hz||10 Hz|
|Pulse energy stability (Std.Dev.) 8)|
|at 1064 nm||< 0.8 %|
|at 532 nm||< 1.0 %|
|at 355 nm||< 1.1 %|
|at 266 nm||< 1.2 %|
1) Due to continuous improvement, all specifications are subject to change without notice. Parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and will vary with each unit we manufacture. Unless stated otherwise, all specifications are measured at 1064 nm and for basic system without options.
2) PL2251B-20 has 70 mJ at 1064 nm output energy. Inquire for these energies at other wavelengths.
3) For -SH option. Outputs are not simultaneous. Inquire for these energies at other wavelengths.
4) For -TH option. Outputs are not simultaneous. Please inquire for pulse energies at other wavelengths.
5) For -FH option. Outputs are not simultaneous. Please inquire for pulse energies at other wavelengths.
6) For PL2250 series laser with custom -FiH option.
7) FWHM. Inquire for optional pulse durations in 20 – 90 ps range. Pulse energy specifications may differ from indicated here.
8) Averaged from pulses, emitted during 30 sec time interval.
Provides 20 ps ± 10% output pulse duration. Pulse energies are 30% lower in comparison to the 30 ps pulse duration version. Linewidth <2 cm-1 at 1064 nm. See table below for pulse energy specifications:
|1064 nm||35 mJ||60 mJ||80 mJ|
|532 nm||17 mJ||30 mJ||40 mJ|
|355 nm||12 mJ||18 mJ||24 mJ|
|266 nm||5 mJ||8 mJ||10 mJ|
Provides 80 ps ±10% output pulse duration. Pulse energy specifications as below:
|Pulse energy at 1064 nm||1.5 mJ||70 mJ||100 mJ||160 mJ|
Allows locking the master oscillator pulse train repetition rate to an external RF generator, enabling precise external triggering with low jitter. Inquire for more information.